Tuesday, November 7, 2006

Election Day

In honor of election day, I would like to share a story about Kaylee and Ashton. My cousin Tessa is running for Nevada Congress, and these two girls have become her biggest fan. I think it is because they have never known anyone who was on TV and the internet. They get very upset whenever a commercial for her opponent (John Porter) comes on. One day Chris and I oveheard a "political discussion" between Kaylee and Ashton that went something like this:

Kaylee: Ashton you be Tessa and I'll be John Porter.

Ashton: okay

Kaylee: I'm John Porter and I vote with Bush 90% of the time.

Ashton: I'm Tessa Hafen and I tell the truth! I'm going to make some changes in Washington, because I don't lie John Porter!

They talk about Tessa with great conviction. It's pretty cute. My uncle Andy, Tessa'a dad, was wearing a campaign shirt for Tessa, and when Kaylee saw it and she immediately found me to tell me how much she liked uncle Andy's shirt. They didn't have any kids sizes but she is anxiously awaiting whatever size they have for her. I'll have to keep you posted on how the election turns out.

No comments: