Saturday, October 6, 2007

Kaylee's brush with celebrity

Last week Marc Brown, the author of the Arthur books and co-producer of the Arthur show on PBS, came to town and Chris was nice enough to take Kaylee and Ashton to see him. Mr. Brown’s sister(the inspiration for the character of D.W.) was there as well. At one point while waiting in the two hour line to get Mr. Brown’s autograph, Kaylee decided she had to go to the bathroom. While she was in there who should she run into but D.W. herself! (I don’t remember her real name.) Anyway they talked about how big the crowd was and other small talk which was surprising for me to hear because she is usually pretty shy. It was really very cool for her, and they finally got their books autographed.

Last month I was called to be the first counselor in the primary presidency. I was enjoying the job as secretary, but its okay. I feel like I’m getting to know the kids better, but I feel like I am far from being comfortable in my calling. One of my responsibilities is the sacrament primary program which will be the end of this month. I’m a little stressed out because with general conference this weekend, we only have a couple of weeks to practice, but I’m hoping the angelic faces of the kids overshadow our lack of practices.

No comments: