Monday, January 27, 2014

Jennifer Whitney Goodman

December 8,1976- January 23,2014

This beautiful lady went home on Thursday morning.  Her funeral is today, but I couldn't go, so I will remember her here.  I will always remember Jeni like the pictures above.  Long curly blonde hair and a wonderful smile.  She is one of my most favorite people ever.   We've been friends since high school and we were able to be roommates in college. Jeni was always willing to see the best in every situation.  In high school she was in a car accident and broke her back, but I never saw her use that as an excuse not to do something.  I honestly can't remember a time when she complained about it.  I'm sure she had her down times, but she did her very best to give her kids as normal a life as you can when going through cancer.  She was an amazing mother.  She had a cousin, Rachel, who was also her best friend and she was killed in a car accident on her way home from helping Jeni during her first go around with chemo.  I know there is a a lot of family welcoming Jeni home but I think the most joyous reunion happening in Heaven is between Jeni and Rachel.  I feel so blessed that I was able to visit with her a couple of months ago.  As sad as I am that she is no longer on this earth, and as hateful as I think cancer is, I am so thankful to know she is free from the pain her limited earthly body and with our Heavenly Father again.  I love you Jeni.

No comments: