Thursday, July 31, 2008

Curse of the Pasu


Binky. Bink. Passi. Nuk. The Pacifier. I prefer to call it a "pasu". That's what my baby brother Austin called it when he was little and cute. Whatever you call it's hard to get rid of. Don't get me wrong, I am all in favor of the pacifier, it has saved my sanity on several occasions, it's easier to get rid of than a thumb and some babies just need something to suck on (I learned that on Ashton first night of life when she tried to use me as a pacifier). Now that Dalin is two it is more of a crutch for him and me. I was going to try ween Dalin off the pasu this week as a surprise for Chris, but he seems to be even more attatched to it since his dad left. Kaylee didn't take a pacifier and I think Ashton and Aiden were both at least two and a half before they ended their relationship with the pacifier so I guess I'll just keep pulling it out of his mouth every time he's within my reach.

2 comments:

Katrina said...

Has not having one of them helped? He left the one he has in the picture at our house the other day. Kinsey found it and carried it around for a little while saying, "Dalin's. Dalin's! Dalin's." I'll get it back to you as soon as I can.

Anonymous said...

We never had a pacifier problem (although we had one thumb-sucker), but I must say he looks mighty cute. Pasu or not.