Thursday, July 24, 2008

Are You Ready For Some Football?

Our back yard is right up against the high school baseball field. During the summer the football team uses that field for practice. They hold practices in the evening so it will be cooler (but it isn't) and one day last week Chris held Dalin up so he could look over the wall and watch the practice. The kid is obsessed! The next day he woke up at 6:45 am and he wanted to "see football players." I tried to convince him there wasn't any one there, but they were dang it! (I think JV practices in the morning and varsity in the evening). Now I am not a morning person, nor do I enjoy football very much so I was not a happy camper. I've made sure that Dalin knows his dad should be his football buddy, and they will stand at the wall for an hour watching practice. Dalin will talk about the helmets and say hut and hike. It's funny when I don't have to do it with him. This morning when Chris and Dalin went out to watch, I was going out to take a picture and I heard someone say "What the heck! There's a kid!" (I cleaned up the language for our general audience). The team was about to start kicking balls at the fence and they were surprised to see a little fan sitting on the wall. Some of the guys tried waving at Dalin but, he favors being a spectator and not a socializer. Chris is excited that fianlly one of his kids is a football fan.

A couple of die-hard fans. Notice Dalin is still in his pj's.

No comments: