Saturday, February 3, 2007

I Hate the Flu!!!!

My entry from last week turned out to be overly optimistic. Ashton and Aiden were still sick through Monday, and Chris didn't go back to work until Thursday. The girls got a paper from school telling the symptoms and differences of the cold and the flu, and after I read it I realized that Chris pretty much gets the flu every year. I guess a flu shot wouldn't be such a bad idea for him. Dalin and I even succomed for a day or two,although our symptoms were fairly mild. This is the first time that it spread through our whole household, and I don't think I need that experience more than once in my life.

Chris thought he felt ready to go back to work on Tuesday, but he has a terrible cough so I made him go to QuickCare. He was planning on going in for the second half of the day but the doctor almost laughed at him and said he would be out at least until Thursday. He had to go to a family physician and they did several tests and sent him to get a CT scan, so now we're just waiting on results. From the questions that the doctors kept asking him it sounds like it may be something to do with his liver, I'll keep you all posted when we find out.

On a little lighter note I rhink Dalin is in training for the X games or something. He loves to get around in his walker, and I have seen him run and then lift up his feet so he can glide across the floor. He doesn't like to show off though, because every time I try to get it on video he stops.

Ashton and Aiden have the best conversations in the back of the car on the way home from school. I'll leave you with one I heard the other day. I don't know what Ashton had, but Aiden really wanted it and this is where I came in on the dialogue:

Ashton, "Aiden you can only have some if you say Ashton's cool and she rules and Aiden is a muckus."

Aiden: "I'm not going to say that. I"M NOT A MUCKUS!"

Ashton: "Then you can't have any."

Aiden: "FINE," (through clenched teeth), "Ashton's cool and she rules, and I am a muckus."

Ashton handed over whatever they were fighting about and a few minutes later, (I assume after Aiden had finished with it) I hear Aiden say, " I was just tricking, I'm not really a muckus and I'm the one that rules!"

No comments: