Friday, January 12, 2007

The Throne

Aiden and I came to an agreement about the pillow from the last entry. He wanted to sleep with it for the whole night and in exchange he agreed that he wouldn't take it off my bed any more. So far he's stayed true to the deal, but that was just one of the battles, the war is still on.

Aiden has now taken over Chris's recliner. He gets all of the throw pillows from the couch and spreads them on the chair. He then puts the foot rest up and leans the back of the chair as far back as it will go, climbs up with his blanket and kicks back. He told Chris, "it's not your chair it belongs to everybody." He is paranoid that someone will take his spot if he leaves so he has started asking me to bring everything to him (i.e. lunch, drinks, toys etc.) When he does get out of the chair he will slowly back away from the chair then sprint to wherever he needs to go. One day he needed to do something that would take him out of the chair and I could see him eyeing Ashton who was sitting on the floor eating her lunch. I told him that she was still eating her food so she wasn't going to take the chair. He looked over at Ashton's plate then looked back at me and asked if I could get her some more food. I guess he wanted to make sure he had enough time to get back to his "throne".

In other news, Chris and I were able to go to the Celine Dion show at Ceasars Palace. Chris did some computer work for some people who are friends with some people that usher at the show who gave them tickets to the show so they invited us to come. (I hope you could follow that last sentence) Now I'm not the biggest fan of Celine Dion, (I know I can hear the gasps of disbelief), but I actually enjoyed the show quite a bit. The sets were amazing. But the real excitement for me was looking for a particular dancer. If any of you watched the summer reality show "So You Think You Can Dance?" you may remember that one of the prizes for the winner was a one year contract for the Celine Dion show. The winner of the show was a guy named Benji, a mormon from Redlands CA. Chris and I really liked him so we spent the whole show trying to figure out which one of the dancers he was. We had pretty good seats but we still couldn't really tell which one he was. When we got home Chris did a little internet reasearch and found out that Benji declined the Vegas show offer so I felt a little cheated.

No comments: