Monday, May 11, 2009

A Day Late and a Dollar Short


As usual my holiday greetings are late, but we had a really nice Mother's day in the Edwards household. On Saturday my grandma, mom, her daughters and daughters-in-law went to lunch. It was a lot of fun and I am always so happy that we all get along so well.

Kaylee is always very excited for any holiday and on Sunday she originally woke up at 6:30 am. She realized that was a tad early so she went back to sleep until 7:00. The kids requested I stay in my room for a while, which was fine because I was able to get ready for church uninterrupted. Kaylee had rallied her brothers and sister together and they made the sign in the picture above. She then recruited Chris to make a tasty french toast breakfast one of my favorites.

After church we had dinner at my parents house, but all of the boys took care of the food and feeding the kids (that is my favorite mother's day tradition). I am so thankful to all the mothers in my life and the example they are to me. I am also thankful that I have the opportunity to be a mother to some very wonderful children.

No comments: