Sunday, January 18, 2009

As Good as Gumdrops

Yesterday we took a trip up to St. George to celebrate my Grandpa Hafen's 90th birthday. I'm really bad at remembering all the names of the people I'm related to, but there were a lot of people there to show love and support for my grandpa. While making the rounds my dad's uncle came over to say hi to me and my sister-in-law and asked how we were doing. We answered with the standard "good" reply and we in turn asked him how he was. His reply, "Oh I'm as good as gumdrops." Too cute. The day didn't start out very well for my grandpa, he had forgotten to take his breathing medication so he had to go to the hospital for a breathing treatment, but he felt well enough to come to the party after he was done. It is so fun to see how much pleasure he gets from being around his family, and it's always nice to catch up with my extended family

My cute grandpa (my dad's dad) and my family. My neice Kinsey snuck in on the picture too.


My grandpa is the fifth of 13 kids. These are his brothers and sisters that are still alive. (I would name them, but like I said I'm really bad at the names. I'll find out then post them.)

My family with my cute grandma (my mom's mom). She comes to St. George for the winters and she is sweet to check up on my grandpa once in a while.

3 comments:

Natalie, Brian, Rachel, Erick said...

I think I am going to adopt that as my new saying when people ask me how I am doing, it just sticks with you huh? It makes me laugh everytime I think of him saying that!

a'mooh said...

Sounds like Uncle Phil Squires. Then again, it could be Uncle Kelt or Uncle Don or Uncle Eldon or. . . . . any of a whole bunch of Hafen uncles. :)

Kristen said...

Wow your guess was right on the money, it was uncle Phil. So much fun!