Sunday, March 14, 2010

Because I needed to feel a sense of accomplishment

Not to say that passing out popsicles and playing taxi driver aren't accomplishments on their own, but I've pretty much mastered those aspects of my life so I wanted to move on to something a little more challenging. I have a couple of patterns I got on sale a while ago, so I took Kaylee and Ashton to the fabric store, let them pick out their favorites and got to work. Once you add in the labor I think it would cost less just to buy something from the store, but I was caught up on my cartoons so why not take on a project. Here are the results.

(Why do I always forget to clean off the wall when I take a picture?)

This is the first thing I've sewed that I've kind of loved. They turned out so cute (if I do say so myself). I didn't have time to make a shirt for Ashton, but I think the store bought one worked out just right.

3 comments:

The Zoo Keeper said...

they are SOOOOO CUTE! good for you! what talent!

Mandy and Jason said...

Your skills are amazing! I'm very impressed. Do you use patterns? I want lessons. No, i guess I just want you to make my kids cute stuff and let me have the credit of being so crafty... wait did I just really admit to that?

Kim Edwards said...

That is so fun! You make me want to pull out my sewing machine-