Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Rasberry Brownie Trifle (or Chocolate Passion Bowl)

The last time I posted a recipe Kaylee told me I didn't really seem like the type to post recipes, but I think I will be doing it more often. The recipes I'll put up are ones I use often, so why not make them easier to find.

I found this recipe on kraftfoods.com and it is a hit every time I make it. I think it is DE-LI-CIOUS, so I only make it when there is a big gathering so I don't eat the whole bowl myself. Make sure you use the frozen raspberries with no added sugar so you whipped cream doesn't deteriorate.


Raspberry Brownie Trifle

3 cups cold milk
2 pkg. (3.9 oz each) JELL-O Chocolate Instant Pudding
1 tub (8 oz.) COOL WHIP Whipped Topping, thawed, divided
(I use 2 tubs)
1 baked 9-inch square brownie layer, cooled, cut into 1-inch cubes (about 5-1/2 cups)
(I use a 9x13 pan of brownies)
1 pt. (2 cups) raspberries

BEAT milk and pudding mixes with whisk 2 min. Stir in 1 cup COOL WHIP.

PLACE 1/2 of brownies in 2-qt. bowl; top with layers of 1/2 each pudding mixture, remaining COOL WHIP and raspberries. Repeat all layers.

REFRIGERATE 1 hour.

3 comments:

C.A.L.L.L.L. said...

I agree: It is super yummy, and esthetically pleasing.

Jessieksj said...

oh my goodness, i am so glad you put this up. i seriously could not eat enough of it at the christmas party. soooo goo-ood!!!

Mandy and Jason said...

You know that this is one of Jason's all time favorite things in life. Sometimes, I wonder what he would put first me, or this dessert. Probably this dessert... if we're being really honest.