Friday, April 11, 2008

That's Entertainment?

Okay, I know that there was a strike and all, but are the viewers of America so desperate for entertainment that we need a reality show about pest control? Seriously! I was watching "How It's Made" (a favorite in our home) when I saw a commercial for a show called "Verminators." This is a blurb from the press release:

"Verminators follows CEO Michael Masterston and his elite team of pest-busters to the front lines of their never-ending battle against infestations of all kinds. Rats, roaches, killer bees, bats. Black widow spiders, termites, bedbugs. Flies, fleas and fire ants. As they crisscross Los Angeles, the Verminators track their prey through warehouses, hotels and houses, and with the help of remote cameras, inside walls and plumbing systems."

It kind of makes my skin crawl just thinking about it, but at least it's an elite team. I appreciate that there are people out there who will do this work so I don't have to, but come on , really? Next thing you know there will be a competition reality show about the drama of dog grooming. Oh wait, the Animal Planet channel already snatched that one up. (No offense to you vermin and grooming fans.)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok. That is just sad and gross. I hope nobody watches it. But really, can anything be worse than that FOX show, "Moment of Truth." I refuse to ever watch it. Ruined lives all for the sake of entertainment and money. Sad.

Stjerne said...

Kaitlin loves that show Dirty Jobs. I think it is so gross. Some of the episodes I cant watch.