Wednesday, October 17, 2007

To Buy or Not to Buy

Yesterday I was able to see the inside of the house I mentioned in my last post. There is quite a bit of work that needs to be done, but it’s not trashed like some of the bank owned houses I seen. I think it’s doable, but Chris is in San Jose this week and he hasn’t even seen the house, so we won’t be doing anything yet. This house started out at $319,000 in March and now it’s down to $264,900. I think it’s the third time they’ve lowered the price, but my agent said we could probably even offer $15,000 less than that. It would be a good deal for us, but it makes me very worried about selling my house because it’s definitely not a seller’s market. I have tried to do a little project everyday to get the house ready to sell, as a matter of fact I should be doing something right now since Dalin is napping but this is more fun. It is a very daunting task. It’s mostly cosmetic (cleaning, painting, and purging of useless clutter) but it seems like there is so much. Chris has some days off so maybe it will be better when I’m not doing it al myself, but I have to admit some of the excitement is gone. I’ll keep you posted.

In other goings on, Yes Chris is gone for a week again for certification training. It’s easier than the first time he went on one of these trips, but by no means would I ever want to do it by myself all the time. I miss being able to go somewhere by myself. The kids are really good and they are really helping me out.

I have a couple of funny kid stories to tell since it’s been a while. We were in the car the other day and I can’t remember what the question was that Aiden asked, but Ashton was explaining the answer to him and I was helping. When we were done Aiden said, “I understood better when mom said it Ashton, because you were speaking professional, and you know I don’t understand professional.

Dalin has definitely come to the right family because he is muckus personified. I was doing some work in the front yard on Saturday and he was outside with me, doing a really good job of staying in the yard. I was trying to finish up today and I figured he would be alright out there with me. We were only out there a minute when I looked up and he was on his way down the sidewalk. A few minutes later he thought it was a fun game to run into the street and laugh at me when I would get him and tell him no. Needless to say I didn’t get much yard work done today.

No comments: