Wednesday, April 4, 2007

Has it been that long!?!

I didn’t realize that it has been almost a month since I have posted anything. I apologize to any of our loyal fans, (at this point I think Kaylee is the only one). My excuse is our lives have been pretty bland for the past few weeks I just couldn’t think of what to write. Kaylee asked me the other day if I had written a blog lately and I asked her what I should write about. She couldn’t think of anything either, so here we are.

The girls have been on track break for the past couple of weeks, and they don’t feel like we’ve had enough adventures for their taste. One of the reasons is because Dalin had pneumonia at the beginning of the break, and I just didn’t want to take him outside if I didn’t have to. We’ve also been watching my nephew and the idea of taking five kids anywhere by myself is a little daunting so we’ve mostly stayed home. Luckily one of Chris’s coworkers gave us a Barbie car so the kids have been tearin’ it up as much as they can in our 30x15 backyard. Housing developments in Las Vegas, you gotta love it. Even if we ever move into a bigger house, I doubt we’ll ever get more yard while we live here.

Aiden has been taking a couple of preschool classes at the rec center, one of which is a pre math class that he does really well at. I was surprised because I’ve never really worked on anything but number recognition with him. Sometimes I forget how old he is. He could start kindergarten this year, but his birthday is only two and a half weeks before the cut off date, so we’re trying to decide whether we should keep him home for one more year. Aiden has also taken to translating for Dalin, and for a nine month old baby he has quite the vocabulary, according to Aiden any way. The other day Aiden told me that Dalin called him a smoked sausage link. Kaylee just reminded me of another “Aidenism”. We were in the car and he saw an older man riding a motorcycle and he said, “If an old man rides a motorcycle it’s called an older-cycle.”

Ashton is really a tenderhearted girl; she always wants to make people feel better. The other day we were driving home from a primary activity and Kaylee was upset about not getting something that the other kids had. After a few minutes of listening to a teary Kaylee, Ashton said, “Here you can have it, just stop the weeping. I can’t handle it when people are sad and I have to do something to make them feel better.”

My uncle just finished a campaign for city council. The polls closed at 7:00 yesterday, and around 8:00 he announced that he would be around for one more term as he had 55% of the votes. There was cheering and congratulations were passed around, and a lot of people went home. Around 8:30 the percentages were a lot closer (49% to 51%) and it turned out that he only won by about 170 votes. It was closer than anyone thought but he will be around for one more term. He had already served three terms when they put term limits on the position so this is his sixth and final term. Amid all of the crazy politicians in this country sometimes it’s nice to have some one you can have absolute faith in, so congratulations Uncle Andy!

That is all I have for now, but hopefully it won’t take a month before I write again! Happy day to all!

No comments: